GCG LTD – invested in the installation of the new asphalt plant with upgraded electrical system and in installation of a wastewater treatment plant. The company furthermore invested in improving HSE standards such as provision of PPE to the operators, providing H&S training and medical testing for employees, conducting workplace risk assessment and inspection and installation of fire safety equipment. With these investments, the company now has a modern production plant, reduced personnel safety risk, reduced pollutant emissions and increased product quality, making GCG LTD one of the cleanest asphalt production plants in Europe.
- Asphalt plant
- Wastewater treatment plant
- Technical, sanitary and drinking water supply
- Improvement of HSE standards
- Loan amount: EUR 820,000
- Grant amount (15%): EUR 123,000
EU Directives met:
- Council Directive 96/62/EC on ambient air quality assessment and management (Air Quality Framework Directive).
- Directive 2010/75/EU on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control) (Recast).
- Regulation (EU) No 305/2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing Council Directive 89/106/EEC.
- Directive 2014/35/EU the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits
- Directive 2006/42/EC on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)